Sassy Survival Skills for the Single Chicks Over 30 – The 15 Minute House Clean by Your Personal Concierge
by Debbie Alford
You’re off at work all day and there are no kids at home to mess up the house. It’s just you and the little mess you make. How hard can it be to clean the house?
Well, that was what you thought until you looked at it, knowing that you only have 15 minutes before that special bloke arrives.
Don’t worry. 15 minutes is plenty. Here’s what you do.
1. Arm yourself with your tile and grout cleaner, fire away at all the areas that need it; the shower, the vanity, the kitchen sink and let it sit for a bit.
2. A dash of toilet cleaner around the bowl is next, then step away and attend to the piles of stuff; letters and bills etc that have piled up on the end of the kitchen bench. Find a spot for them. Even if it’s a box labelled “Filing” that you’ll get around to soon!
3. With the surfaces free don your dusting glove (make sure you have one of these life savers) and walk around, room by room, running your dusting hand over all the surfaces.
4. Next up is the damp cloth for wiping down dirt and grease … and if you’d like to speed the process up, and work one room at a time, put your dusting cloth in one hand and your wiping cloth in the other! This saves you going back to rooms you’ve already been through.
5. Whack the kettle on, take your bathroom armoury with you and wipe down the surfaces that you sprayed earlier. Having the spray sit on them grotty areas gives it time to do its job – and makes cleaning it much easier and quicker.
6. A quick wipe down and brush of the toilet, run a mop over the floor and a vac over the carpeted areas and you’re done … perfect timing as the kettle has just clicked off.
15 minutes down, house clean, kettle boiled and man at the door. Perfect.
PS A friend of mine sprays Mr Sheen in the air just before her guests arrive – house may be dusty but it smells like it’s clean! Any tricks up your sleeve?
Asking for help Australia birthday parties birthday party booking flights Buy groceries Christmas gift ideas concierge services Debbie Alford decluttering gift certificates hear from your personal concierge help around the home help for new mums help for professional couples help for the single girl help for the single guy helping hand holiday tips Home Tips house key minding internet research just arrived in Melbourne lessen your stress Lifestyle management Melbourne more organised moving house moving to Melbourne new in Melbourne party organising party organizer party planning Personal Assistant Personal Concierge personal concierge melbourne Personal Concierge Services rubbish removal Send out invitations staff recognition taking care of your to-do list to do list travel clothes travel planner unpacking
Taking Time off to Wait for Tradies?
How much time off work have you taken to stay at home waiting for a tradesman to arrive? We can do that for you and clean out a few cupboards or fold some washing while we are waiting.
Running out of Time to Buy that Present?
I know a science professor who has commented that in the past, if her young son was invited to a birthday party, the present had to be bought from Safeway or 7eleven or it just didn't happen.
Want to Have a Party But it’s all Too Hard?
Is it really that time of year already? My, how the year goes past so quickly. Party time! You may find you are running out of time, so many bits and pieces to source -Delegate the job to us, not a problem.
Going on Holiday and Need House Key Minding?
So you are off on a holiday, wonderful! Whilst you are away, we will collect your mail, feed the dog/cat, take your dog for a walk and if need be, pay some bills for you. We can even stock the fridge with some essentials for your return.