by Debbie Alford
Gift hampers are suitable for any occasion and making them yourself will add a personal touch that will certainly impress the receiver. Creating a clever hamper can be surprisingly easy with a few simple tips:
1. Set a budget. Purchasing all your little goodies for your hamper can add up so set yourself a budget and don’t forget to include the cost of delivering it.
2. Think of a theme and brainstorm ideas of what to include. This is where the fun begins. Here are some suggestions:
Wine Lovers Basket – bottle of wine, fancy cheeses, bottle opener, glasses, a wine journal.
Coffee Lovers Hamper – assorted coffees, plunger, chocolate coated coffee beans, biscotti, coffee appreciation book.
Car Care Hamper – car wash, polish, chamois, sponge, tyre gauge, car magazine subscription, toy matchbox car.
Movie Hamper – vouchers to a cinema or DVD rental store, popcorn, jaffas, book – ‘1001 Movies You Must See Before You Die.’
Chocolate Addicts Hamper – anything and everything chocolate! Include chocolate sauce, hot chocolate and a chocolate cookbook.
3. Chose your basket or container. You can use anything – a terracotta pot, wrapped box, colander, ice bucket or wicker basket. The more imagination you use the better the gift will look.
4. Lay out some cellophane, place the empty basket on top and line with tissue paper.
5. Assemble the items in the basket so that they are pleasing to the eye. Make sure that the labels can be seen, too.
6. Gather the corners of cellophane, tie together with a big ribbon and add a gift card.
7. Deliver your item personally, by your favourite courier or carefully packed in a big box and sent in by Australia Post.
I love to give gift hampers and watch the look on the recipients face as they dig into the treasure trove to see what other goodies are stashed inside.
Asking for help Australia birthday parties birthday party booking flights Buy groceries Christmas gift ideas concierge services Debbie Alford decluttering gift certificates hear from your personal concierge help around the home help for new mums help for professional couples help for the single girl help for the single guy helping hand holiday tips Home Tips house key minding internet research just arrived in Melbourne lessen your stress Lifestyle management Melbourne more organised moving house moving to Melbourne new in Melbourne party organising party organizer party planning Personal Assistant Personal Concierge personal concierge melbourne Personal Concierge Services rubbish removal Send out invitations staff recognition taking care of your to-do list to do list travel clothes travel planner unpacking
Taking Time off to Wait for Tradies?
How much time off work have you taken to stay at home waiting for a tradesman to arrive? We can do that for you and clean out a few cupboards or fold some washing while we are waiting.
Running out of Time to Buy that Present?
I know a science professor who has commented that in the past, if her young son was invited to a birthday party, the present had to be bought from Safeway or 7eleven or it just didn't happen.
Want to Have a Party But it’s all Too Hard?
Is it really that time of year already? My, how the year goes past so quickly. Party time! You may find you are running out of time, so many bits and pieces to source -Delegate the job to us, not a problem.
Going on Holiday and Need House Key Minding?
So you are off on a holiday, wonderful! Whilst you are away, we will collect your mail, feed the dog/cat, take your dog for a walk and if need be, pay some bills for you. We can even stock the fridge with some essentials for your return.